All materials will be electronic only
A go-to reference for training staff and managing your preparation, compilation and review engagements, this course will enable you to be in compliance with all of the professional standards surrounding engagements performed in accordance with Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services (SSARSs).
- Definition of an engagement to prepare financial statements
- Forms, checklists, and other documentation in an engagement to prepare financial statement, compilation engagements and review engagements
- Difference between compilation and preparation engagements
- What constitutes a compilation engagement and for what type of entities compilations can be performed
- What constitutes a review engagement
- Changes in level of service
CPA firm staff or seniors looking to perform engagements in accordance with SSARSs.
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Recall scope and definition of preparation, compilation and review engagements.
- Identify elements, performance requirements and documentation requirements of preparation, compilation and review engagements.
Bruce Shepard was most recently an assistant professor of accounting at George Fox University and an adjunct professor of accounting at the University of Oregon, prior to becoming an instructor for the AICPA in 2012. From 2006-2010, Mr. Shepard was the Chief Financial Officer of Las Vegas Gaming, Inc. in Las Vegas, Nevada, where he had full management responsibility for all financial affairs, daily business operations, administration and human resources. From 1985-2006, Mr. Shepard was in charge of the Middle Market Practice for PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP in Portland, Oregon, where he served as an Assurance Partner from 1989-2006 focusing on providing proactive business advisory services to fast-growing companies. Bruce has many years of trusted business advisor experience around Portland, Oregon where he practiced for 33 years. In addition, Bruce has taught all of the accounting and auditing classes, fraud and forensics, pension auditing, SAARS, COSO, and governmental accounting and auditing classes for the AICPA for the last five years including being the lead instructor on GASB 68. Presently, Bruce is the author of the AICPA course, Audits of Banks and Other Financial Institutions.
At PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP, Mr. Shepard spearheaded over 100 acquisitions and divestitures by leading in the financial structuring of the transactions. He worked with clients to develop strategic plans for short-term and long-term growth. He assisted both start-up companies and beyond start-up companies with attaining their needed growth capital. Mr. Shepard wrote an article, Financing Entrepreneurs, in 1999 for the Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants. Mr. Shepard was awarded “Beta Alpha Psi Professional of the Year” in 2006 for sustained involvement with the University of Oregon.
Non-Member Price $81.50
Member Price $69.50