All materials will be electronic only
A go-to reference for training staff and managing your preparation, compilation, and review engagements, this course will enable you to be in compliance with all of the professional standards surrounding engagements performed in accordance with Statements on Standards for Accounting and Review Services (SSARSs). A practice-oriented review of the latest developments, cases, and lively discussion among the experienced participants make this class informative and practical.
- Overview of preparation, compilation, and review guidance
- Accounting and reporting issues
- Current practice issues
- Common deficiencies in peer reviews
- Current and future standard setting projects
- International reporting issues in SSARS engagements
- Special Purpose Framework financial statement issues
- Case studies
- Latest developments
Experience with engagements performed in accordance with SSARSs.
CPA firm seniors (and above) managing engagements performed in accordance with SSARSs.
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Identify the professional standards and risk factors relevant to the planning and performance of preparation, compilation, and review
- engagements, including engagements on pro forma and prospective financial information.
- Identify responses to preparation, compilation, and review engagement practice issues that comply with all applicable professional standards.
Michael L. Brand is a partner in the firm of Johnson, Feigley, Newton & Brand in Athens, Alabama. For the past 23 years, he has been involved in all aspects of public accounting with in emphasis in accounting, auditing, and review services. He also teaches continuing education classes and has been a speaker at several conferences nationwide. He is the current chair of the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants Peer Review Committee and the Accounting and Review Services Committee. Brand’s experience involves audits, reviews, and compilations of various for-profit industries, not-for-profits, and governmental entities. He was formally on the Peer Review Board, Joint Trial Board, and the Quality Control Standards Task Force. In 2010 and 2011 he received the Outstanding Discussion Leader Award. Brand received his BS in accounting from the University of North Alabama.
Non-Member Price $325.00
Member Price $275.00