All materials will be electronic only
There is simply no denying that a sufficiently designed and effectively operating system of internal controls over reliable financial reporting is more important than ever. The primary objective of this course is to give participants "hands-on" practice in designing, evaluating, and communicating conclusions related to design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over reliable financial reporting and other risks for nonprofit environments.
- Current outcomes of the highly significant FASB project related to Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Entities
- Recently released FASB standards that will impact nonprofit financial reporting the most, including revenue recognition and lease accounting
- Accounting and financial reporting planned changes on the horizon that could significantly impact nonprofit entities
Knowledge of currently effective professional, technical and regulatory standards.
Internal and external accounting or auditing personnel who have responsibility for designing, evaluating or monitoring deficiencies in internal controls in nonprofit environments.
- Describe recent developments of the FASB most relevant to nonprofit entities
- Explain the impact of new financial reporting model for nonprofit entities being developed by the FASB
- Discuss accounting and financial reporting changes on the horizon
Jennifer F. Louis has more than 18 years of experience in designing and instructing high-quality training programs. In 2003, she formed Emergent Solutions Group, LLC, serving organizations by providing training services on a project-specific or part-time basis. Louis was Executive Vice President and director of training services at AuditWatch, Inc., a premier training and consulting firm serving the audit profession. She began her career at AuditWatch as Vice President of product development. Before joining AuditWatch, Louis was the financial and operational audit manager at AARP. She was also an audit manager for Deloitte & Touche LLP. During her years at Deloitte & Touche’s Washington D.C. office, she was a frequent local and national instructor. She also served as an instructor for the firm’s national “Train the Trainers” program. Louis graduated summa cum laude from Marymount University with a BBA in accounting. She is a member of the AICPA and is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Non-Member Price $325.00
Member Price $275.00