All materials will be electronic only
Be prepared for the responsibilities of planning, directing, and reporting on a single audit engagement conducted under the Uniform Guidance. This course gives you insights into key issues that are not covered in other courses, with an emphasis on advanced topics that require particular attention. Case studies are provided to highlight key compliance audit requirements and to help put the guidance into practice.
- Planning the compliance audit and other risk assessment considerations
- Required elements of the SEFA
- Major program determination process, including the considerations of clusters, loans, and loan guarantees
- Considerations when assessing and evaluating internal controls over compliance
- Evaluating and reporting on applicable compliance requirements related to compliance testing
- Considerations of pass-through entities and subrecipients
- Audit sampling in a compliance audit
- Advanced audit reporting issues
Intermediate competency in single audits.
Auditors responsible for planning, directing and reporting on single audits.
When you complete this course you will be able to:
- Assess risk when planning a compliance audit of federal awards.
- Evaluate whether the requirements related to the Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards (SEFA) have been met in your audit engagement.
- Evaluate whether major federal programs to be audited have been appropriately identified.
- Interpret the requirements for understanding internal control, assessing the level of control risk, and testing the effectiveness of internal control relative to federal awards.
- Interpret and evaluate the reporting requirements of a single audit.
- Interpret and evaluate guidance regarding sampling in a compliance audit.
- Identify considerations related to pass-through entities.
Jack Georger Jr
John “Jack” Georger, CPA, CIA Las Vegas, NV Jack Georger has served a broad base of clients, including port authorities, higher education institutions, community service organizations, foundations, counties, school districts, cities, and employee retirement systems. In addition, the commercial clients he has served include construction, real estate, aerospace, research and development, agricultural, and professional service firms. Jack has also consulted on numerous budgets and rate and cost studies for municipal authorities, as well as the design and implementation of internal control systems for various entities. During his career, Jack has had the opportunity to audit publicly traded companies, both accelerated filers under PCAOB Auditing Standards and non-accelerated filers; major U.S. cities and counties; colleges and universities; and some of the largest not-for-profit organizations in the United States. Jack is licensed to practice as a certified public accountant (CPA) in the states of California, New York, Virginia, Maryland, South Carolina (inactive), Nevada, Connecticut (inactive), Wyoming (inactive), and Georgia (inactive), and in the District of Columbia(inactice); he is also a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA). He is a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors, California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CSCPA), New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA), Nevada Society of Certified Public Accountants, and Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA). Jack currently serves on the Financial Accounting Standards Committee, Not-For-Profit Committee, Sustainability Committee, and Government Accounting and Auditing Committee of the NYSSCPA. Jack has been a member of the GFOA Special Review Committee for the Certificate of Achievement for Financial Reporting since 1990. Jack graduated from George Mason University with a degree in Business Administration, and he first became a CPA in the state of Connecticut in 1981. He was in private practice in New York, where his firm provided auditing, accounting, and tax services to various local governments, not-for-profit organizations, small businesses, and individuals for over twenty years. Since selling his practice in 2001, Jack has been an Audit Senior Manager with KPMG, LLP and Pricewaterhouse Coopers, LLP; a partner in a regional firm in Los Angeles; Audit Director with McGladrey and Pullen, LLP; and, currently, a partner with the Pun Group, LLP
Non-Member Price $325.00
Member Price $275.00