All materials will be electronic only
This course provides a high level overview of the most important accounting, financial reporting, compliance and audit issues facing nonprofit entities and their accountants. The focus is on explaining the basis behind major issues and trends in executive summary (yet practical) form, enabling professionals to understand the most important aspects of relevant standards, and the basis for any potential changes on the horizon.
- Current outcomes of the highly significant FASB project related to Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Entities
- Recently released FASB standards that will impact nonprofit financial reporting the most, including revenue recognition and lease accounting
- Current issues and challenges involving Yellow Book financial statement audits
- Critical considerations when performing Single Audits under OMB Uniform Guidance for Federal Awards
- Important AICPA professional standard developments related to providing audit and nonaudit services to nonprofits
Knowledge of currently effective professional, technical and regulatory standards.
Public and industry accountants at all levels interested in remaining current on professional, technical and relevant regulatory requirements related most specifically to nonprofit entities.
- Describe recent developments of the FASB, GAO, OMB and AICPA relevant to nonprofit entities
- Explain the impact of new financial reporting model developed by the FASB
- Apply best practices to minimize noncompliance with Yellow Book and Single Audits
Jennifer F. Louis has more than 18 years of experience in designing and instructing high-quality training programs. In 2003, she formed Emergent Solutions Group, LLC, serving organizations by providing training services on a project-specific or part-time basis. Louis was Executive Vice President and director of training services at AuditWatch, Inc., a premier training and consulting firm serving the audit profession. She began her career at AuditWatch as Vice President of product development. Before joining AuditWatch, Louis was the financial and operational audit manager at AARP. She was also an audit manager for Deloitte & Touche LLP. During her years at Deloitte & Touche’s Washington D.C. office, she was a frequent local and national instructor. She also served as an instructor for the firm’s national “Train the Trainers” program. Louis graduated summa cum laude from Marymount University with a BBA in accounting. She is a member of the AICPA and is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Non-Member Price $325.00
Member Price $275.00