New Legislators means new contacts needed!
The MTCPA's Legislative Contact Program is an important supplement to the efforts of the MTCPA lobbyist and staff in Helena because:
- It reinforces to legislators that the views expressed by the MTCPA Lobbyist and staff are representative of the views of the legislator's constituents in the district.
- It heightens the legislator's accountability to his/her constituents and provides a double avenue to influence public policy decisions.
- It localizes and personalizes the political impact of state legislation.
Responsibilities of the Legislative Contact
- Contact the legislator about a legislative issue when requested by the MTCPA (often just a call or email)
- Build on a relationship with the legislator
- Report back to the MTCPA following contact with any pertinent communication exchanged
- Support the position of the MTCPA on legislation affecting the accounting profession
Sign up to be part of the Legislative Contact Program!
If you already have or could develop this type of relationship with a senator or representative and would like to become a part of this program, please complete the form below: