Show me the money
Each year the Montana Legacy Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, offers scholarships to qualifying accounting majors in Montana. These scholarships are generously funded through contributions from members of the Montana Society of CPAs and other private donors.
The purpose of the MTCPA scholarships is to reward excellence in accounting by awarding students scholarships to assist in their education costs. See below for availability and criteria for each.
- Accounting Major, currently enrolled in a participating Montana university
- At least a junior standing with at least one semester of coursework remaining (Graduate students are still eligible)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must be a graduate of a Montana high school and a current Montana resident
- Must be a student member of the MTCPA (it's free to join!)
The application process is maintained and winners chosen by each individual school, listed below:
- Carroll College: Scott Brownlee Memorial Scholarship
- Montana State University-Billings: Anthony Gerharz Scholarship & Marilyn Bartlett Scholarship
- Montana State University
- Montana Tech
- University of Montana
If you are interested in obtaining a scholarship, please talk to your school's accounting academic advisor for more information.
Annual Conference Scholarship
June 12-14, 2024 Fairmont Hot Springs
Hear from experts regarding the industry and trending topics that could affect you in your future career. Network with potential employers and Montana CPAs. Celebrate with your friends and fellow classmates.
Scholarship includes registration, food and entertainment, and a travel stipend for those coming from out of town.
More information coming soon.
The AICPA offers a number of Scholarships and Awards for students. Please click the button below to learn more.